Play It Safe Concussion CareSM: A unique approach to concussion management for colleges, schools, and youth sports programs
Every year, tens of millions of athletes participate in organized sports, putting them at potential risk for sports-related concussion injuries. For colleges, schools, and youth programs, Wells Fargo Insurance knows the safety and well-being of your athletes is your top priority.
That’s why we’re pleased to offer the
Play It Safe Concussion Care program for colleges, schools, and youth sports organizations. Our unique approach to concussion management offers:
- Neurocognitive testing and access to medical professionals trained in the evaluation and management of concussions
- Excess insurance coverage for each player to help protect the financial well-being of athletes and their families
Excess insurance coverage helps provide financial peace of mind
When an athlete experiences an injury, worrying about the cost of care should be the last thing they or their family need to worry about. However, the costs associated with treating a concussion can add up quickly.
For a minimal amount per player, the
Play It Safe Concussion Care program provides excess insurance coverage* for testing and evaluation to help facilitate athletes' safe return to play.
The concussion accident medical insurance policy includes:
- Deductible: None required
- Co-pays: None required
- Medical maximum (per injury): $25,000
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) maximum (per injury): $1,000
- AD&D aggregate limit: $5,000
- Co-insurance: 100 percent of allowance per schedule of benefits
- Benefit period: 52 weeks
- Post-injury neurocognitive testing
- Health and behavior intervention
- Outpatient (office) physician visits and consultations
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), brain and spinal canal
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Needle electromyography
- Nerve conduction studies
To learn more about our
Play It Safe Concussion Care program and how your school or sports organization can enroll, please contact Brian Judy at 916-589-8051 or PlayItSafe@wellsfargo.com.
*The excess insurance plan is designed to cover the diagnosis and management of concussion and is in addition to any other medical or dental insurance the covered athlete may have. No benefit is payable for any covered expense incurred that is paid or payable by any other valid and collectible insurance.
Covered expenses do not include any amount not covered by the primary carrier due to penalties for failure to comply with policy provisions or requirements. This is a limited benefit plan that does not cover emergency services, ambulance services, or surgical procedures. Please refer to the policy for full details of all benefits and exclusions and limitations.